Term: 2nd Term
Class: Primary 1
Age: 6 years
Duration: 40 minutes of 3 periods
Subject: National Values Education
Topic:- Security Precaution
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNIQUES: Identification, explanation, playway method, questions and answers, demonstration, videos from source
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS: pictures/charts showing security precaution, chart of harmful objects
PERIOD 1-3: Security precaution
The teacher revises the previous lesson on personal security tips
Pupils pay attention
She explains the meaning of security precaution
Security precautions are steps to taken to make ourselves secure and safe from all forms of dangers
Pupils pay attention and participates
The teacher lists some forms of security precaution
1. Lock rooms that do not have to remain open.
2. Lock offices that are unattended - even for a brief period.
3. Keep purses, wallets, and other valuable personal possessions in locked desks or file cabinets.
4. Keep dangerous items such as knives, razor blade, gas, matches, chemicals etc away from the reach of children
5. Observe the traffic rules and regulations.
6. Set up security alarm systems and surveillance cameras for better monitoring
Pupils pay attention and participate
The teacher writes a short note on the board
The pupils write the notes in their books
Security precautions are steps to taken to make ourselves secure and safe
from all forms of dangers
EVALUATION: 1. Define the term ‘Security precautions’
CLASSWORK: As in evaluation
CONCLUSION: The teacher commends the pupils positively
© Lesson Notes All Rights Reserved 2023