Class: Primary 3
Age: 8 years
Duration: 40 minutes of 3 periods
Subject: Basic Science and Technology
Topic:- Launching and saving on Microsoft Word
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNIQUES: Identification, explanation, playway method, questions and answers, demonstration, videos from source, experimentation
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS: computer room, Microsoft Word application, computer system
PERIOD 1-3: Typing and saving on Microsoft Word
The teacher revisits the previous lesson on tool bars and menu bar and introduces the new topic
Pupils pay attention
The teacher then outlines the steps to take in typing and saving a document on Microsoft word
1. Start typing your text.
2. To start a new paragraph, press Enter.
3. To add extra space between paragraphs, press Enter twice.
4. To move the cursor in a document, click where you want to insert it or use the keyboard arrow keys to move it.
5. To edit text, click in the word you want to change. Word moves the cursor to the new spot.
6. You can press Delete to delete a character to the right of the cursor.
7. You can press the Backspace key to delete a character to the left of the cursor.
Pupils pay attention and participates
The teacher demonstrates the typing and saving of document on Microsoft Word as the pupils observe
The pupils participate and pay attention
The teacher writes a short note on the board
The pupils copy the notes in their books
Steps to take in typing and saving a document on Microsoft word
How to type a document
How to save a document
CLASS ACTIVITY: The pupils in pairs, type a composition on themselves and save it with their names using the outlined steps
CLASSWORK: As in evaluation
CONCLUSION: The teacher commends the pupils positively
© Lesson Notes All Rights Reserved 2023