Class: Nursery 2
Term: 3rd Term
Age: 5 years
Duration: 40 minutes
Subject: Christian Religious Knowledge
Topic: David and Goliath
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNIQUES: Identification, explanation, playway method, questions and answers, demonstration, story-telling
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS: toys, picture books showing David defeating Goliath, bible, story book
The teacher uses the David and Goliath song to introduce the topic.
She explains what a giant is – A giant is a person who is very big both in size and in strength
Pupils pay attention
She then further explains that Giants lived during the biblical times and were feared by people because of their size and strength.
Pupils pay attention and participates
Using the bible story books and the pictures there in she tells the story of David and Goliath
- Goliath has tormented the children of Isreal for a while, mocking them and insulting them
- How David had come to the battlefield to deliver food from his father to his brothers
- How David had heard the boasting of Goliath and was angered because he had insulted God and the army of God
- How brave David had met the king to ask what will be done to whoever that defeated Goliath
- How the king couldn’t imagine David defeating Goliath because he was smaller in size and strength compared to Goliath.
- How David shared his past victories of killing a lion and the deer and would make a public example of Goliath
- How the king agreed and wore his armor on David
- How David refused the king’s armor because it was too heavy and rather went to fight Goliath with a sling and five set of stones
- How Goliath had laughed mockingly when he saw David come at him with a sling and some stones
- How David confronted Goliath in the name of God and eventually defeated him and cut of his head
Pupils pay attention and participate
The teacher writes a short note on the board
The pupils copy the notes in their book.
David was a courageous boy. When he heard how a giant was tormenting his people, he confronted the giant called Goliath with a sling and 5 stones. He defeated this giant giving his people and God victory over their enemies.
EVALUATION: 1. __________ is someone who is extremely large in strength and size. (giant, genesis)
CLASSWORK: As in evaluation
CONCLUSION: The teacher commends the pupils positively
© Lesson Notes All Rights Reserved 2023