Class: Nursery 2
Term: 3rd Term
Age: 5 years
Duration: 40 minutes
Subject: Christian Religious Knowledge
Topic: Healing the paralytic
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNIQUES: Identification, explanation, playway method, questions and answers, demonstration, story-telling
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS: toys, picture books showing how Jesus healed the paralytic, bible, story book
The teacher uses Healing is the children’s bread song to introduce the topic.
She explains what paralytic is- A paralytic is someone who cannot walk with his legs
Pupils pay attention
She then further explains that Jesus did a lot of healings in his time on the earth
Pupils pay attention and participates
Using the bible story books and the pictures there in she tells the story of Jesus healing the paralytic
- There were four men who heard that Jesus was in town who decided to carry their paralyzed friend on a mat to Him, to see if their friend could be healed. As soon as they got to the house where Jesus was, they realized that they wouldn't be able to get through to see Him.
- Someone decided to take him to the roof of the building that Jesus was at! That might sound impossible but houses were built differently then. Most houses had staircases outside to get to the flat roof.
- After digging through the roof, the men lowered the mat that the paralyzed man was lying on down to where Jesus was.
- The first thing Jesus said when He saw that they believed was, "Son, your sins are forgiven."
- Then, before He was finished Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home."
- The Bible says that the man got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all.
Pupils pay attention and participate
The teacher writes a short note on the board
The pupils copy the note in their books
Four men brought in a paralyzed man through the roof of the room where Jesus was preaching. Jesus saw their faith and healed the man they brought in the view of all.
EVALUATION: 1. ________ men brought the paralyzed man through the roof. (two, four)
CLASSWORK: As in evaluation
CONCLUSION: The teacher commends the pupils positively
© Lesson Notes All Rights Reserved 2023