Subject: Cultural and Creative Arts
Class: Nursery 2
Term: 2nd Term
Duration: 40 minutes
Topic: Easter Card
Content: Project: pasting, cutting, gluing
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNIQUES: Identification, explanation, playway method, questions and answers
The teacher uses the Easter song and introduces the topic and explains that Easter is a season where we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ
Pupils pay attention
and explains how they will be used :
She explains as she carry out the below processes:
- Begin by folding a piece of cardstock in half the long way. Cut the folded cardstock into two pieces. Use the other piece to make the Easter egg handprint card or make another spring chick.
- Paint a child's hand yellow and then help the child press his/her hand onto the front of the card.
- Allow the handprint to dry
- Next, with a yellow marker, draw a circle round the child's handprint. Draw some ''hair'' on top of the chick.
- Using any child's fingerprint have him/her make Easter eggs using other paint colors.
- Glue two googly eyes, a triangle beak nose cut from orange paper, and two yellow feathers- one on each side of the chick
- Finish the card off by adding a simple message inside the card!
The pupils pay attention and participate
EVALUATION: 1. Mention some materials we use in creating an Easter Card
CLASSWORK: As in evaluation
CONCLUSION: The teacher commends the pupils positively
© Lesson Notes All Rights Reserved 2023