Subject: Cultural and Creative Arts
Class: Nursery 2
Term: 1st Term
Age: 5 years
Duration: 40 minutes
Topic: Christmas Card
Content: Project: pasting, cutting, gluing
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNIQUES: Identification, explanation, playway method, questions and answers
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS: card stock, paint (brush and roller), sequins or other bling and some tree shaped leaves, Glitters
The teacher uses the Christmas song and introduces the topic and explains that Christmas is a season where we celebrate the birth our Lord Jesus Christ
Pupils pay attention
The teacher shows them all the materials e.g card stock, paint (brush and roller), sequins or other bling and some tree shaped leaves, Glitters and explains how they will be used :
She explains as she carry out the below processes:
- Coat the leaves in a thick layer of paint preferably.
- Place the leaf, painted side down, carefully on the card, then roll over it with a clean dry paint roller to press down.
- Remove leaf and you should have a pretty leaf print. Add glitters while the paint is still wet so it sticks.
- For more than one card, just give the roller a wipe with an old rag between leaves to remove any paint and avoid smudges.
- Once it is dry, decorate with sequins. Use PVA to attach them
The pupils pay attention and participate
EVALUATION: 1. Mention some materials we use in creating a Christmas Card
CLASSWORK: As in evaluation
CONCLUSION: The teacher commends the pupils positively
© Lesson Notes All Rights Reserved 2023