SUBJECT: INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
TERM: 1ST TERM
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
TOPIC: COMPUTER HARDWARE
- Meaning of computer hardware
- Computer hard ware features
At the end of this lesson, Pupils should be able to:
- Define the term Hardware
- Name the features of computer hardware.
- List parts of computer Hardware.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Advantages of computer.
Hardware means anything that can be touched or hold.
Computer hardware is the parts of computer that can be seen and touched. They comprises the electronic and physical parts of a computer system. Examples are keyboard, mouse, speaker, monitor, central processing unit, hard disk, etc
The hardware components of the computer system are made up of four parts. They are the
i) Input devices;
ii) System unit;
iii) Output devices; and
iv) Storage devices
FEATURES OF COMPUTER HARDWARE
Computer hardware features are:
- Computer hardware can be felt.
- It can be touched.
- It can be seen.
PARTS OF COMPUTER HARDWARE
Computer hardware is grouped into the following:
- Input device: these are computer parts through which data is sent into the computer. Examples are Keyboard, Joystick, scanner, stylus pen, webcam, light pen, etc.
- Output devices: these are parts that display the result of process data. Examples are speaker, printer, monitor, etc.
- System unit: it processes all the data entered into the computer. The central processing unit (CPU) is the brain of the computer system. The components are the Cpu and motherboard.
- Storage devices: these are parts used for storing data in electronic form. Examples are Hard disk, cd/dvd, zip disk.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Computer Hardware.
- She/he explains the term hardware and computer hardware.
- He/she explains the features of computer Hardware.
- The teacher leads the pupils to mention parts of computer Hardware.
- Hardware means what?
- What is Computer Hardware?
- List three features of computer Hardware.
- Mention three parts of computer hardware.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.