Subject: Christian Religious Studies
Class: Primary 3
Term: 3rd Term
Topic: BENEFITS OF HOSPITALITY
1. It’s foundational in building relationships
2. Allows you to meet interesting people and gain a broader perspective
3. Prompts you to remember what you have to offer
4. Builds a supportive network for yourself
1. We should be hospitable by caring and helping people in need. It is one of the ways of obeying the word of God.
2. Being hospitable also shows that we have love for one another.
3. If we are hospitable, we would be able to help save people’s lives.
1. Hospitality means being kind to, and caring for the people we meet or see, especially visitors.
2. There is the need for us to be hospitable because we would always have a lot of people that are in need among us.
3. When we are hospitable, God saves people’s lives through us.
4. It is good to be hospitable because sometimes the messengers of God come to us as strangers.
5. Abraham was hospitable. He welcomed three men he saw as strangers and cared for them. He never knew they were angels of God that brought God’s message to him.
6. The widow at Zarephath welcomed Elijah and cared for him as a stranger. She never knew Elijah was a prophet of God.
7. God blessed Abraham and the widow at Zarephath because they were hospitable.
8. When we are hospitable, we are obeying the word of God.
9. Hospitality also shows that we have love for one another.
Strategies and activities
Step1: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new I
Step 3: Teacher explains the new topic
Step 4: Teacher welcomes pupils questions
Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils
Assessment and evaluation
1 explain the term ‘hospitality’.
2 identify the need for being hospitable.
3 explain why we should be kind to people.
4 give instances in the Bible of people who demonstrated hospitality.
Wrap up( conclusion): Teacher goes over the topic once again to enhance better understanding.
1 What is hospitality?
2 Give two reasons why we should be hospitable.
3 Mention two persons in the Bible that were caring and kind to strangers.
© Lesson Notes All Rights Reserved 2023