Class: Primary 3
Term: 1st Term
Subtitle: functions of keyboard
Learning Objectives:At the end of this this lesson,pupils should be able to:
- State two functions of keyboard
- State two functions of special keys
Resources and materials:
Scheme of work
Instructional material: keyboard
Building Background/connection to prior knowledge: pupils are familiar with the topic in their previous classes.
Parts and functions of a keyboard
- Typing (alphanumeric) keys. These keys include the same letter, number, punctuation, and symbol keys found on a traditional typewriter.
- Control keys. These keys are used alone or in combination with other keys to perform certain actions. The most frequently used control keys are Ctrl, Alt, the Windows logo key , and Esc.
- Function keys. The function keys are used to perform specific tasks. They are labeled as F1, F2, F3, and so on, up to F12. The functionality of these keys differs from program to program. They are arranged at the top of the keyboard provide common shortcuts and are frequently combination with other keys such as the CTRL key, ALT key and the SHIFT key.
- Navigation keys. These keys are used for moving around in documents or webpages and editing text. They include the arrow keys, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, Delete, and Insert.
- Numeric keypad. The numeric keypad is handy for entering numbers quickly. The keys are grouped together in a block like a conventional calculator or adding machine.
Step1:Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step2:Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3:Teacher explains the new topic.
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation:
- Mention parts of a computer and it functions
- List the function keys
WRAP UP(CONCLUSION) Teacher goes over the topic once again for better understanding.
- Explain the function of numeric keys
Explain the control keys