SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: 2ND TERM
CLASS: PRIMARY 2
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – FORMS OF ENERGY
TOPIC – USES OF ENERGY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention some of the uses of energy.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- View nature, e.g. sun.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – STATE 5 FORMS OF ENERGY
- Light energy
- Chemical energy
- Electrical energy
- Mechanical energy
- Solar energy
- Heat energy
ACTIVITIES 2 – IDENTIFY THE USES OF ENERGY
- We use energy for lights and appliances. For example – electrical energy, solar energy, etc.
- We use energy to heat and cool our homes, schools, and businesses.
- Energy makes our vehicles go, planes fly, boats sail, and machines run. For example, mechanical energy and chemical energy
- All living things need energy too. For example, organic and heat energy
- Plants use the light from the sun to grow. For heat and light energy.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to identify the uses of energy.
- Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of energy.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision (Week 11) and Second Term Examination(Week 12)
Pupils to mention three uses of energy.