TERM: 3RD TERM
- SolakatNew Syllabus on Social Studies for Junior Secondary Schools Books 2 by Oluwasola Oyewole
- Macmillan Social Studies Book 2 by M.A Oyebanjo, I.O Osokota, R. Acholomu Ayodele Jegede, Ibrahim Bello.
TOPIC: National Economy I
PERIOD I: SAVINGS AND WAYS OF SAVING
Savings may be defined as a way of keeping money and other valuable for use at anytime it is needed.
Traditional Method of Saving:
Before the modern methods or ways of savings, there had been different ways of saving money in the past which included:
- Keeping money inside clay pots.
- Keeping money in a dug ground.
- Entrusted into the care of relatives.
- Keeping with money keepers.
- Keeping money under the sleeping materials such as mattress and pillow.
- Keeping money under the roof of the house
- Define savings.
- What are the traditional methods of savings?
TOPIC: Modern Methods Of Saving
Unlike the ways adopted for savings in the past, the modern ways of saving are more assuring and secured. Modern ways of savings are:
- In the banks.
- With financial houses.
- With cooperatives.
- By buying of stocks or shares.
Reasons For Savings
- To have money for future use.
- For solving unexpected problems or emergency.
- For safe keeping or security.
- To avoid wasteful spending.
- Identify four modern methods of saving.
- What are the reasons for saving money?
GENERAL EVALUATION QUESTIONS/REVIEW QUESTIONS
- What is the meaning of gender roles?
- Give five examples of gender roles.
- Mention five factors that influence gender roles.
- What is the meaning of gender stereotypes?
- Give examples of gender stereotypes.
Macmillan Social Studies Book 2 by M.A. Orebanjo, I.O. Osokoya, R. Acholonu et-al Pages 92-94.
- Savings means A. Keeping money for use at anytime it is needed B. Spending money anytime C. Exchange of goods for goods D. Exchange of money for money.
- All the following are modern ways of saving except A. By buying shares B. in the bank C. keeping inside clay pots D. by saving with financial houses.
- All the following are reasons for savings except A. To have money for future uses B. For reckless spending C. for future investmentD. For solving unexpected problems
- One of the following is not a way of saving in the past A. Keeping inside clay pots B. Keeping in a dug ground C. keeping in the bank D. Keeping money under sleeping materials
- Modern ways of savings are A. Not reliable B. Are not trustworthy C. are not assuring and secured D. Are assuring and secured.
- a. Define savings
- Identify three olden days ways of savings.
- Give three reasons for savings.