SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
CLASS: JSS 2
TERM: 3rd TERM
- A Proper Approach to Cultural and Creative Art by Peter Akinyemi and other co-authors. Book 2.
- Pattern design work in simple repeat pattern depicting butterfly as the motif.
- Make acolourful bead that can be worn around the neck.
TOPIC: BEAD WORKS
DEFINTION OF BEAD WORK: Bead work or bead making is a craft that deals with the use of colourful beads in various shapes and sizes, fishing line or string and other relevant materials and tools to make objects that can be worn on the body,flower vases etc.
MEANING OF BEADS: Beads are small oval,round pieces of glass,wood, plastic and clay, which possess a hole for passing the fishing line or string.
MATERIALS FOR BEAD MAKING: They include seed bead,straw bead, clay bead, pieces of bamboo, bottle tops,fishing line, string, stopper, hook etc.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED IN BEAD MAKING: They includescissors, plier etc.
USES OF BEADS
- Beads are worn by couples for their traditional wedding ceremony.
- Prince and princess from the royal family wear beads.
- Women wear beads to complement their dressing.
- Kings wear red beads to distinguish them from their subjects.
- Dignified chiefs in rural communities wear beads to distinguish them from the common men.
- What are beads?
- State two functions of bead.
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTION
- What is playwriting?
- Who is a playwright?
- What is the full meaning of SON?
- What is stage fright?
- What is the section in theatre where live dramatic performances take place?
- Discus how art penetrated the Nigerian school curriculum.
Cultural and Creative Art Book 2, Peter Akinyemi and other authors, Pages 41 – 45.
- Beadwork is practiced in one of these places in Nigeria.(a) Bida (b) Badagry (c) Oyo
- What beading material is passed through the hole of beads? (a) Fishing line (b) Copper wire (c) Binding wire (d) None of the above
- Who specializes in beadwork as a craft? (a)Bead maker (b) Embroiderer (c) Draughtsman (d) Sculptor
- The round, oval and cylindrical beads look ____ when placed on a flat surface. (a) two dimensional (b) three dimensional (c) abstract (d) valueless
- Which one the following is a tool in beadwork? (a) Scissors (b) Beads (c) Fishing line (d) Thread
- What is bead?
- State two uses of bead.