SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
CLASS:� JSS 1
TERM: 3rd TERM
- A proper approach to cultural and creative art (new edition) book 1
- Create a picture of a fish in mosaic using bits of granite ,coloured stones in bits and other media.
- Make a beaded vase using beads of reasonable size, thick fishing line and other tools.
MEANING OF MOSAIC: Mosaic is a picture or pattern produced by arranging and sticking small pieces of stone, glass, tile etc., unto a support.Mosaic is also a picture or decoration made of small,usually coloured pieces of inlaid stone,glassetc. Mosaic is an ancient form of painting,
basically in pictorial forms.
MATERIALS AND TOOLS
- Bits of coloured glass or broken bottles.
- Strong adhesive or glue
- Pieces of coloured tiles
- Pieces of coloured tiles
- Flat plywood
- Coloured pictures cut from magazine.
- Bottle tops
- Cartridge paper
- Old newspaper
- Pencil or pen
TOOLS: The tools include hammer,knife,scissors, and cutter knife.
- Define mosaic.
- State any two mosaic materials and tools respectively.
Step 1 Get the required materials for mosaic production.
Step 2 Mount and stick the cardboard unto the plywood using glue.
Step 3 Sketch the picture on the background support.
Step 4 Apply strong adhesive on the drawn picture and place the bits of coloured glass side by side to fit the drawn picture.
USES OF MOSAIC
- Mosaic works serveas instructional material in the classroom.
- Mosaic works are used to decorate our home.
- Mosaic is fine and used to decorate the wall, floor and ceiling of building.
- Mention the mosaic procedures.
- State two functions of mosaic.
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTION
- What is music?
- Mention three classes of recorder.
- Describe rhythm as an element of music.
- What is denouement?
- Define lullaby.�
A Proper Approach to Cultural and Creative Art Book 1 by Peter Akinyemi and other authors.
- ____ is an assemblage craft that deals with the sticking together of bits of coloured glass to form a picture on a background support. (a) Collage (b) Mosaic (c) Papiermache
- Which one of these mosaic materials sticks the bits of coloured glass firmly on the background support? (a) Glue� (b) beads (c) Old newspaper (d) Sequins
- Which one these materials are a background support in mosaic?(a) Plywood (b) Sequins� (c) Beads (d) Broken glass
- Coloured glass is broken into small bits using ____ (a) hammer (b) stick� (c) plier (d) guage
- In mosaic production, bits of marble, pebbles andcolourful beads are materials to be attached on the background support. (a) True (b) False (c) Maybe (d) Not sure
- State the mosaic procedures.
- Mention three background support in mosaic.