SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
CLASS: JSS 1
TERM: 3rd TERM
- Ilesanmi Christian religious studies for JSS.Bk1 TUNDE ERUMEOBA ET’AL.
- Christian religious Knowledge for JSS.Bk1 by I.O ADEYEMO.
- Christian religious education for JSS.Bk1 by ADEYINKA ET’AL.
- Christian religious education for JSS.Bk1 by T.W.O QUARCO-OPME ET’AL.
- Holy Bible [ R.S.V].
TOPIC: POLITICAL FREEDOM FOR THE ISREALITES
- Freedom For The Isrealites
- Song of Victory
MOSES AND HIS PEOPLE CELEBRATES THEIR FREEDOM MOVEMENT IN
SONGS. EXO. 15 1:22
After God had instructed Moses to go down to Egypt and Speak to Pharaoh to let the Israelites go, Moses did as God had commanded him, but Pharaoh’s mind was hardened and he did not let Israel go, and so he tormented the lives of the Egyptians. A plague according to the Oxford advanced learner dictionary is something that causes pain or trouble to someone over a period of time. It could also mean an infectious disease that kills a lot of people. These plagues took place before pharaoh released the people of Israel.
- River Nile turned to blood for 7 days: It started with a river and spread to all its branches such as streams, ponds and pools of water.
- Frogs: These frogs came up abundantly and filled their houses, bed chambers, fields etc.
- Swarm of flies: The Egyptians were plagued with swarm of flies. These flies could come into houses, stain decorative furniture and make life intolerable for the Egyptians. Many Egyptians were destroyed by being stung to death.
- Gnat (Lice):- The dust of the earth in Egypt became lice in man and in beast. All the dust of the land became lice throughout.
- Boils on man and beast: Moses took a handful of ashes from the finance and it became small dust in the hand. Also, it provided a painful boil on all man and beast in Egypt.
- Locust: This was ushered by a strong wind that blows all day and all night.
- Death of animals: All the Egyptians cattle, Carmel and Sheep were killed by a strange ailment but the livestock of the Israelites were preserved.
- Heavy Hailstone with Thunder: These were in form of lightening, hail, thunder and destruction of vegetations.
- Three days darkness: This was the most dreadful because the darkness was so thick to the extent that the Egyptians saw not one another, and they could not move from their places for three days.
- Death of Egyptian first born: This plague came upon the Egyptians from the first born of Pharaoh that sat on the throne to the first born of the captive that was in danger.
After the deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt and the crossing of the Red Sea, Moses and the children of Israel sang songs of victory to God. The content of the songs is as follows;
1) I will sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously, the horses and the rider he
has thrown into the sea.
2) The Lord is a man of war the Lord is his name.
3) Thy right hand O Lord, glorious in power, thy right hand shatters the enemy.
4) Who is like unto thee O Lord?. It should be noted that Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Moses mobilized women in singing and dancing in appreciation to God for their freedom.
- Name the plagues sent upon Egypt when Pharaoh refused to let Israel go.
- What was the content of the song of deliverance sang by the people?
- Who were the brother and sister of Moses?
- Narrate the first five plagues that God used to attack the Egyptians.
- Narrate the song of victory which the Isrealites sang on the day they crossed the red sea.
- Discuss the last plague against the Egyptian
- Christian Religious knowledge for JSS. BK 1-3 by A.F Bello.Page;127
- Christian Religious knowledge for JSS. BK 1,by T.N.O Quarcoopome eta’l Page;231.
- Christian Religious Education for JSS.BK 1, by A.A Adeyinka. Pages 63-66.
- Moses parents’ were both of the tabernacle of ___ (a) Bethlehem (b) Levi
(c) Judah (d) Moab.
- How many months did Moses’ mother hid him (a) 4 Months (b) 3 months
(c) 2 years and 2 months (d) 1 month
- Moses fled to _____ (a) Midian (b) Haran (c) Jericho (d) Jerusalem
- What is the name of Moses father-in-law (a) Elijah (b) Jethro (c) Lot (d) Joshua
- _____ is the name of Moses wife (a) Zippered (b) Rachel (c) Leah (d) Marry
- Write down one of the verse of the songs of victory sang by the Israelite after their freedom.
- How did God preserve the first born of the Israelites from being destroyed by the angel of death?