TERM: 2nd TERM
SUBJECT:�CIVIC EDUCATION��� ��� ��� ��� ��� ��� � � � � �
CLASS:� JSS 1
Topic:� Processes� of Becoming a Citizen of a Country
Period I: Qualification for Citizenship in Nigeria
Citizenship of a country, especially Nigeria, can be through any of these ways.
- By Birth: A person becomes a citizen of Nigeria by birth if the parents are Nigerians, are if he was born in Nigeria on or before the independence.
2.Through Naturalization: A foreigner who has stayed in Nigeria for at least 15 years can apply for Nigerian Citizenship.
- Through Registration: A foreigner who has married a Nigerian can apply for Nigerian Citizenship. He has to be of good character and must meet other conditions� � specified by Nigerian law.
Qualifications for Citizenship in Nigeria
The following conditions must be met by a foreigner to become a citizen of Nigeria:
- Age: He must have attained the required age stipulated by the Nigerian Constitution i.e. more than 21 years old.
2.Residence:He must have lived in Nigeria for at least fifteen years.
- Acceptability by the Community: He must be accepted by the residents of the community he lives.
- Readiness to Live in Nigeria: He must be willing to live and stay in Nigeria.
- 5. Contribution to Development: He must be willing to contribute meaningfully to the economic, political and social development of Nigeria.
- Oath of Allegiance: He must be ready to take the oath of allegiance.
- Explain three process of becoming a citizen of a country.
2.What are the conditions that must be met by a foreigner to become a citizen of Nigeria.
TOPIC: Causes and Effects of Murder and Rape
CAUSES AND EFFECTS OFMURDER AND RAPE
The following � arethe causes of murder and rape
- Poor Education of Youths
- Poor Parenting
- Weak Judicial System
- Economic Hardship�
- Effect of Television and Internet
EFFECTS OF MURDER AND RAPE
- Pain and Suffering
- Causes Inconvenience
- Psychological Trauma
- Worry and Loss of Sleep
- Slow Economic Development
- Mention three causes of murder and rape
- List three effects of murder and rape
General Evaluation / Revision Questions
1.What is Citizenship?
- State five ways Nigerian Citizenship can be acquire[D].
- Mention and explain three causes and effects of murder and rape.
Fundamentals of Civic Education For Basic 7 (JSS1) pg 49-50
General Evaluation/ Revision Question
- Define the term Rape
- List 5 uses and effects of Rape and Murder
- The term rape is sometimes used interchangeably with the term_______________ [A]Love [B]. Sexual Assault[C].Indiscipline [D]. Failure
- ____________ and _________ are the process of becoming a citizen of a country.� [A].By Birth, through Nationalization [B].Through Stealing [C]. Through President� [D].Through Country.
- The following conditions must be met by a foreigner to become a citizen of Nigeria.[A]. Age and Concept [B]. Age and Qualification� [C].Readiness to live in Nigeria and Age [D]. Position and Training
- One of the effect of rape is_____________� [A].Prevention [B].Employment� [C]. Fear� [D]. Psychological�
- ____________ occurs when one human being unlawfully kills another human being [A]. Rape [B]. Murder [C].Malice[D]. Killing